[Zope] PTK Installation wows

Chris Herrnberger chris123@netcom.ca
Mon, 08 May 2000 19:26:47 -0400

Greetings all;

Been experimenting with Zope and several products. You know the standard
nubi tools. wp, squishot confera etc.Tried PTK. Followed the
instructions carefully but cant seem to get a proper installation of
PTK. The package was untarred in the correct directory, the import dir
created in the root of the server and the products installed all
correctly. Importing demo went smooth. Restarted server as instructed.
(twice) When I now add an object Portal to a folder the wizard always
completes the installation with the error: Achtung, you are access the
portal form the outside....yadayaya..I have checked and re-installed
three times now and the same error occurs upon completion of the wizard
each time, resulting in several erros when I acess site functions which
is normal under these circumstances. Running latest version of Zope from
source not rpm on SuSE 6.4

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. This is a great product
people, even for us non-wizards at the command line..)

Chris