[Zope] Python Books - your opinions please.

Jeff Peterson jpeterso@the-bridge.net
Tue, 9 May 2000 11:35:08 -0500

Another good book with a lot of code examples is "Python Annotated Archives"
by Brown published by Osborne/McGraw Hill.  In addition, I would recommend
http://www.bookpool.com they have really LOW prices and a great selection of
technical books.

Jeff Peterson
Software Engineer
The Bridge/Befera Interactive Cablenet

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of J.
Michael Mc Kay
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2000 4:50 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Python Books - your opinions please.

I've been searching through Amazon for books to help me with learning
Python.  Apparently there are mostly split descisions on the thoroughness
and quality of the majority of these books.  So I figured I'd bring it to
the table here:  What are or did you use or recommend that I use to
successfully get a staert learning Python Programming.   I am not a
programmer.   The best I can do is read perl and win cgi's, fix some broken
code here and there and bat 100% at strangling apps until they run.  But
that's it.
This is a serious question for me. Until I ran into ZOPE I've been feeling
obligated to learn VB, ASP, ADO.  I've recently purchased several of the
WROX books on those subjects and one is coming out on Python in July.  I
would like to for go messing with the MS stuff for now.  Where's the best
place to get serious in the mean time?  (Something I can hold in my hands
aside from a mouse.)

Thank you,

hisnibs