[Zope] ZODB replication on a per-object basis?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 09 May 2000 22:52:30 +0100

> This issue is outside of my problem domain because:

Oh no... you opened the can of worms, you don't get off that easily ;-)

> 1. You probably can't solve this for common objects like DTML methods
> because there's not enough meta-info in the body to determine how diffs
> should be applied.

Well, doing diff-style things will never work for anythign except simple
text objects.
The standard (?!) way to handle this is to store two copies of the
object and then manaualy sort it out. It's certainly the safest
approach...

> 2. For my project, synchronization of objects is always specified in one-
> direction for a given folder or meta-type

This is an interesting, and I'm sure common, variation on the problem.
I'm not sure how Notes handles this but wouldn't it be amazing if Zoep
could do it properly... ;-)

Chris