[Zope] This is completely bogus but..

Ng Pheng Siong ngps@post1.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 22:20:32 +0800

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 11:17:19AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> I'd love so see Zope provide a facility for updating of products without
> restarting the server. It'd make python product development time a lot
> quicker and besides, restarting the server every time you rev a python
> product or two isn't really the sort of thing you want in a production
> system...

This might not help everyone, but I've been developing my products
on a Zope running off a FreeBSD MFS (memory filesystem), with symbolic
links to Data.fs and my product source which live on disk. Restarting
feels slightly faster than from disk. I didn't time it, though.

I had a quick look at Linux's ramdisk HOWTO and all that, but didn't
see how to do the same thing.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps@post1.com> * http://www.post1.com/home/ngps