[Zope] newbie - force frame update for multiple users?

Jim Sanford jsanford@atinucleus.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 09:56:21 -0500

The way I would do it is to create a small floating window with javascript in it that would check the server on a regular basis (1
second, 10 seconds, 5 minutes? - whatever would suit your needs) to see if any of the data in the frames in question has changed. If
no change, the floating window would be refreshed with a new copy of itself to check again after the specified interval. If the data
has changed the floating window would be refreshed with javascript to update the relevant fields in the relevant frames and then
recheck for new data after the appropriate time period.

Note. the floating window could just be an addtional frame that does not even have to be visible (set its frameset row or column
value to zero)

You could also include a button to force a check.

              Jim Sanford
      .       Database Engineer
     / \  /   Accelerated Technology, Inc.
    /   /     720 Oak Circle Drive East
   /  /  \    Mobile, AL 36609
  / /     \   Voice: 334-661-5770  fax: 334-661-5788
 /         \  E-Mail: jsanford@atinucleus.com
              Web: http://www.atinucleus.com

 Nucleus.  All You NEED in an RTOS.  Royalty Free