[Zope] Totally new user help request

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 13:39:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Emory Baird wrote:
> - when, as root, I typed ./start it seemed to work ok. I was able to see the
> zope propaganda page and when I tried to enter the /manage directory it
> prompted me for the password. Here again I think I typed something wrong
> because the password I had assigned it didn't work, and I didn't have to
> auto generated one to fall back on.

As a user with write access in the Zope root directory, run the command

  python zpasswd.py access

to set a new superuser id and password.

> - at the end of the ./start sequence my command prompt did not return. Is
> there something I can do to break out without stopping the process? I typed
> [ctrl]C and got the prompt back but then I noticed that I would get a 404
> error instead of the password prompt on /manage

By default the start script runs zserver in debug mode, which means
it does *not* run in deamon mode and does not release the terminal.
So ctrl-C terminated Zope/zserver.  Edit start and remove the '-D'
to have it run in deamon mode.

--RDM