[Zope] This is completely bogus but..

Shane Hathaway shathaway@earthling.net
Thu, 11 May 2000 15:37:09 -0400

Jason Spisak wrote:
> What products would it not work for? (So I can not make one ;)

Anything that patches Zope (such as TransparentFolders and SiteAccess)
is right out.  Any product that has memory leaks will probably not be
able to be reloaded correctly.  New DTML tags might not take either.
But products that basically just subclass Folder or SimpleItem have a
good chance of reloading without major problems.

> >  Would a
> > product that implements an imperfect "reload" function interest the
> > Zope community?  SPEAK UP!
> >

> Absolutely!

I think it could be a new tab on each product folder.  The trouble is
that it may crash Zope if used on the wrong product(s).  But if used
for development only, it would speed things up a bit.  I will ponder
more.

Shane