[Zope] Zmethod import folder

Mike Orr mso@sense-sea-MegaSub-1-220.oz.net
Thu, 11 May 2000 12:47:34 -0700

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 05:11:05PM -0700, Chris Beaumont wrote:
>   I'm trying to import an external Zmethod for the first time into my
> Zope installation, and I think I've got something wrong.
> I created the "import" folder at what I see as the root of my Zope
> installation. Perhaps I might have placed it in the wrong place?
> The import directory is currently at the same level as the Zserver,bin,
> doc inst, lib and pcgi folders.. When I try to import the files, Zope
> returns a IOError, "[Errno 21] is a directory". If anyone sees an
> obvious error,
> please fill me in.

You're trying to import what?  Importing a *.exp or *.zexp file via the
import/export tab does mean you should put the file in zope/import.

If you're "importing" an External Method, you don't do it that way.  You
place the file in zope/Extensions and then create an External Method
object pointing to a function in the file.

--
-Mike (Iron) Orr, mso@mso.oz.net  (if mail problems: mso@jimpick.com)
   http://mso.oz.net/     English * Esperanto * Russkiy * Deutsch * Espan~ol