[Zope] Memory usage

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Thu, 11 May 2000 17:33:47 -0400 (EDT)

OK, I'm still confused about Zope memory usage.  On a FreeBSD3.4 system,
I have a database with (Zope says) 234999 objects in it.  Over time
it has grown to a 90MB resident set and 172MB size, according to
top.  This is causing the machine to swap.

So I went into database management.  Parameters are the default
(400/60).  It said there were some 6000 odd objects among all
the caches.  So I did a minimize to six seconds.  That gave
me 144 objects in cache.  It did not change either the size
*or the resident set*.  In fact the resident set is now 92MB.

When I first start Zope, the resident set is about 60MB, and
seems to stay there for a while.

I've got more memory on order, but something seems a little odd here
to me.

--RDM