[Zope] wanted: RPM for dual install of Zope & Python

Steve Palincsar palincss@home.com
Fri, 12 May 2000 17:29:36 -0400

On Thu, 11 May 2000, Ron Bickers wrote:
> Here is one of probably many places to get recent RPMs of Python:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/swr/i386/python-1.5.2-13.i386.html
>
> I'm running the Python RPM and Zope RPMs and all works wonderfully.

At least one of the products (not sure which, because I've glanced at
several) says in its install that python from RPMs isn't built with
threads, and threads are req'd, so you have to build python from
source.   I can't tell if that applies only to the specific product,
or the remarks are directed at all Zope operations.