[Zope] Product integration - please help!

Richard Folwell richard@folwell.com
Sat, 13 May 2000 15:54:13 +0100

Hi Lena,

I just downloaded and installed the Boring Product, and it seems to work OK.  I think that the
problem is that the documentation is not as explicit as for some other products, and the
distribution is organized slightly differently.

Most of the products I have tried so far expect you to install into your Zope root - the files in
the archive contain the path information.  The place they need to go is:

<Zope root>/lib/python/Products/<Product Name>

The Boring Product does not contain the path information in the distribution, so in this case you
have to create:

<Zope root>/lib/python/Products/Boring/

install the files there, then re-start Zope.  You should then find the Boring product available to
insert into a Zope folder in the usual way.

I don't know where you got the .zexp file from - there was nothing like that in the Boring product I
got today (some products do include these).

It might be worth looking at some of the other products.  I am finding that getting started with
Zope is not easy, due only to limited amount of documentation aimed at beginners (some does exist,
but you have to search for it).  It gets easier once you get started, and the effort is definitely
worthwhile - this is a most excellent way of handling web content.

HTH,

Richard