[Zope] strategies for starting zope on redhat

Felipe E. Barousse fbarousse@piensa.com
Sun, 14 May 2000 13:58:03 -0500

--------------A9AFA9E279403A15365B84BF

 I am experiencing exactly the same behavior on several Red Hat
 machines (6.1).  I have noticed in one machine that when Zope is
 started from boot, it uses a pcgi.so socket file located at
 /usr/local/Zope/var  Later on, when started from shell, it seems NOT
 to use that file and operate ona different mode.

 The messages I get when I try to update a PostgreSQL db when Zope was
 started at boot are "Document contained no data"....This doe not
 happen with a shell started Zope.

 Are you or your friend experiencing something similar ?

 Well, if I get to fond something to solve this, I'll let you know.

 Regards.

 Felipe Barousse

> > --- In zope@egroups.com, "Jason Cunliffe" <jasonic@n...> wrote:
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > A friend reports he cannot start zope automatically at boot on his
> > new Linux
> > > RedHat installation, but that it works fine when he does it manually
> > from
> > > shell prompt.
> > >
> > > Q1. Does anyone have any similar experience or advice about
> > self-starting
> > > zope?
> > >
> > > Q2. Does anyone have a nice approach to make sure Zope re-starts if
> > it
> > > shutdown remotely for whatever reason?
> > >
> > > I am sorry I do not have more precise details of his problem..
> > >
> > > tia
> > > - Jason

> > > Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS.(Interactive Art and Technology).Design
> > Director
--------------A9AFA9E279403A15365B84BF

begin:vcard
n:Barousse Boué;Felipe E.
tel;fax:+(52) 5247-0272
tel;work:+(52) 5247-0272
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.piensa.com/
org:Bufete Consultor de México (BCM);PIENSA.COM (Piensa Systems)
version:2.1
email;internet:fbarousse@piensa.com
title:CEO and Director General
adr;quoted-printable:;;Mailing address:=0D=0AAP CAP 336, Polanco=0D=0ACol. Anzures;Mexico City;D.F.;11550;Mexico
note;quoted-printable:Supercomputer clusters systems group=0D=0ATel./ Fax. +(52) 5247-0272
x-mozilla-cpt:;21824
fn:Felipe E. Barousse Boué
end:vcard

--------------A9AFA9E279403A15365B84BF--