[Zope] Newbie: URL0

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sun, 14 May 2000 17:24:53 -0400

Andy,

While I'm not sure I completely understand the problem, this explanation
might be worth something.

Try setting up two objects:  a DTML Method and a DTML Document.  In
both, put the following code:

<dtml-var "this().title_or_id()">

In the DTML Method, you will get back the title or ID of the parent
folder.

In the DTML Document, you will get back the title or ID of the DTML
Document it was called from.

The "this()" call refers to the acquired "self" of the method or
document.  In the case of a method, "self" is the method's acquired
'innermost' container.  Most of the time.  :-) In the case of a DTML
document, "self" is the document itself.

You may want to also give a shot at the resolve_url method of the
REQUEST object.  It gives you back the object that is referred to by the
URL you pass in:

<dtml-let a="REQUEST.resolve_url('/foldera/folderb')">
   <dtml-var "a.title_or_id()">
</dtml-let>

You may be able to do something with this in cooperation with URLx
(which you can pass into resolve_url).

Bindings are somewhat hard to understand and explain in concert with
acquisition.  That's sort of an unabashed cop out at this point, as it
takes a while for almost everybody (even Jim sometimes :-) to unravel
what is getting bound where in any specific method call.  There is a
method to the madness, but it's hard to figure out.  Maybe you can post
a more detailed description of the problem and somebody can help you a
little more.

--
Chris McDonough
Digital Creations