[Zope] Re[2]: [Zope] Soft References in DTML

John Morton John Morton <jwm@plain.co.nz>
Tue, 16 May 2000 13:23:28 +1200 (NZST)

On Fri, 12 May 2000 15:07:50 -0400 you wrote:

 > I might note here that 'manage_changeProperties' already has the
 > semantics you are looking for;

And there it was, sitting above the code for manage_editProperties...

Uh, why are their these two methods? Historical reasons? Would it make
sense to have the default dtml for adding a ZClass use
manage_changeProperties in the commented section so people are inclinded
to use the more powerful, better behaved method?

  also, the bug you refer to (about
 > having to supply unwanted default values for int/float/date properties)
 > is actually an issue with the ZPublisher marshalling code (the bit
 > that converts "foo:int" into an int), rather than with propertysheets
 > per se.

Ok. Corrected that one in the footnote. Thanks.

John.