[Zope] errors when moving Data.fs file between boxes

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 22:18:01 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 13 May 2000, sathya wrote:
> I am getting the following error when moving the Data.fs file between boxes.
> Both boxes  are running 2.1.6 and one is a fresh install. Is this a no no

Moving a Data.fs file should work.  The file format is system independent.

> ZODB.FileStorage.CorruptedTransactionError: /var/zope/va
> r/Data.fs data record exceeds transaction record at
> 23756

Yuk.  This is exactly the error message I had been battling for a
couple weeks, thinking I'd found a bug in FileStorage.  In my case
it turned out to be a weird hardware problem: occasionally a byte or
word (not sure which) would get written incorrectly to disk, which
showed up as these length errors.  It also caused several system
binaries to crap out, which was how I figured out it was a hardware
problem.

--RDM