[Zope] subfolder wrong absolute_url

Ulrich Wisser u.wisser@luna-park.de
Wed, 17 May 2000 09:45:20 +0200

Hello Steve,

thanks for your explanation. But I disagree at some point:

The folder object has its own acl_user and there for can
authorize its own users who are not authorized on any
object which are not located under the folder.

I came to this problem with this error:

http://my.zope/               <- accessable by anonymous
http://my.zope/cssGlobal      <- accessable by anonymous

http://my.zope/subfolder      <- only user u.wisser can view this folder

But when Zope wants a authorisation for this object my
browser (IE and Mozilla) will send the authorisation for
every object in that path (which is "/"). Now the browser
will send auth information to access cssGlobal. That will
fail because the user u.wisser does not exist in that context.

The authorisation should be made for http://my.zope/subfolder/.
Then the path is /subfolder/ and only objects under subfolder
will be accessed with auth info.

Yes I use basic authentication (no cookies).

So long

Ulli

--
----------------- Die Website Effizienzer ------------------
luna-park                Bravo Sanchez, Vollmert, Wisser GbR