[Zope] Odp: [Zope] strategies for starting zope on redhat

Doug Hellmann Doug.Hellmann@ZapMedia.com
Wed, 17 May 2000 14:06:10 -0400

--------------424121D31680DD75666D2395

I've attached a startup script that I use on my RedHat 6.2
installation.  You'll want to change the path /stor/zope/current to the
directory where you have Zope installed.  That probably should have been
a variable.  The Zope process will be owned as "nobody" so that user
needs write permission to the var directory and its contents to create
PID files and update the Data.fs.

Install the file to /etc/rc.d/init.d as "zope" and then you can use
linuxconf to control whether or not the "zope" service is started when
the system boots.

One other thing -- You have to make sure that the server does not run in
debug mode (by passing -D to z2.py in the start script), or your boot
sequence will hang.

Doug

--
Doug Hellmann
Director of Portal Development

#!/bin/sh
#
# Startup script for the Zope Application Server
#
# chkconfig: 345 85 15
# processname: z2.py
# pidfile: /stor/zope/current/var/Z2.pid
# config: /stor/zope/current/var/Data.fs

# Source function library.
. /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

# See how we were called.
case "$1" in
  start)
	echo -n "Starting zope: "
	daemon /stor/zope/current/start
	echo
	touch /var/lock/subsys/zope
	;;
  stop)
	echo -n "Shutting down zope: "
	#killproc httpd
	/stor/zope/current/stop
	echo
	rm -f /var/lock/subsys/zope
	rm -f /stor/zope/current/var/Z2.pid
	;;
  status)
	status z2.py
	;;
  restart)
	$0 stop
	$0 start
	;;
  *)
	echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|status}"
	exit 1
esac

exit 0

--------------424121D31680DD75666D2395--