[Zope] Catalog and CatalogAware questions

Dyon Balding dyon@adroit.net
Thu, 18 May 2000 09:58:26 +1000

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 09:49:50PM -0600, ed colmar wrote:
<snip>
> Now, within my product, when I add a person, the table does not say 2
> records.  Also, searches for that new person are unsuccessful. I am curious
> if I need to do any specific calls to inform zope or Catalog of the
> 'person' objects when they are created.  Do the person objects neet to
> inherit some kind of generic zope object?  Currently it only inherits:
> Persistent, Implicit, CatalogAware.

there could be a problem right there.  is CatalogAware the first class
you inherit from (leftmost)?  a comment from some code i wrote a while back:

Product.py:# CatalogAware must be the first, as it defines the manage_afterAdd
Product.py-# that calls index_object.

give that a go.

-d

--