[Zope] looking for ID after manage_addFile

Didier Georgieff Didier.GEORGIEFF@agriculture.gouv.fr
18 May 2000 16:59:01 +0100

Hello,

I'm uploading some files thru a form and i want to setup some new
properties just after the upload (who done the upload and so...)

So i have a DTML method (addProperty) who does the
manage_addProperties and i want to simply call
..../.../ID/addProperty for that.

I also need to know the ID in order to check.if a previous version for
this document was already upload

Problem is i don't give any ID to the file uploaded since with and
empty ID in manage_addFile, the file name is automatically setup
as ID.

 <dtml-call expr="manage_addFile
      (' ',REQUEST['myFileBin'],REQUEST['myTitle'])">

I guess it's an obvious trick but i can't find a way to get and
manipulate the ID for cheking existing file and calling addProperty.
and i dind't find info thru the documentation.

As a workaround I can put a forged ID but file name seems better
for my needs.

Thanks for any tip.
Didier Georgieff