[Zope] Re: Frames and Zope

mindlace mindlace@imeme.net
Thu, 18 May 2000 21:23:13 -0600

Sin Hang Kin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am working at a search form and trying to display the result in one of the
> frame newly created.
> I just realize by putting the <dtml-var REQUEST> instead of the code into
> the frames, the variables were all gone.

I need more information to be able to help you with this one.  Could you
give me the dtml you are using to send the information to the new frame?

> I recall that zope take account to different browser section, did this
> related to my problem? If the user require login to perform something, is
> this means If i split a browser into three frames, all three frames need to
> login again?

You should not have to, unless the frame has a different URL than the
authenticating page.

~ethan
mindlace@imeme.net

p.s. this seemed like a zope as opposed to zope-dev email, so I cc'd it
there instead.