[Zope] Welcome Aboard!!!

Rob Page rob@digicool.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 10:50:34 -0400

Hello everybody!

Please join me in welcoming Ethan Fremen to the Digital Creations team!!
Ethan is in the process of relocating and should be joining us in our
Virgia offices in the very near future.  Welcome Ethan!

From Ethan's man page

"""
When I was twelve years old, I swore a mighty oath to myself that I'd
get off this ball of rock before I died- and I even had some harebrained
schemes to do so, probably inspired by to much R. A. Heinlein.

As I got a little older, I realized that it wouldn't do to start
spreading humanity about the solar system without significant changes in
the way we interact with each other, the way we work together, and the
way we deal with conflict.

This led me to an exploration of the basic issues, like why are we here,
why am I here, what am I anyway, what is the stuff that existence is of,
and other abstract playthings.  I've come to some conclusions, but the
most important of these is that I contend that existence is
communication.

Of course, I had already nurtured a love affair with computers, from my
original TI-99/4a (with voice synthesis!) to the Original Macintosh,
that had flowered into a typographic and guerilla publishing bent.

Meeting the love of my life online, I moved to Portugal to be with her.
The sysadmin at the place I worked said "hey, we've got this big
printer, print what you like"- and so, over two thousand pages of
printed standards later, I was a web machine.

Zope was a natural: it mapped to my thinking better than any other web
tools I've ever encountered.  After I built one site with Zope, I was
determined to use it to my own ends- but there was no Zope hosting
provider to meet my needs:  Thus, imeme.net was born.

Life has taught me that communication and community are the two most
important things I can possibly be working on.  As a Zopista Community
Liason, I get to focus full time on helping our community grow and
thrive.

I was born in Washington, D.C., but moved away at 6 months of age.
Working with Digital Creations brings me back full circle:  A new
beginning that incorporates all I've learned.
"""

Ethan can be reached at:  mailto:mindlace@digicool.com

--Rob

--
Rob Page                 V: 540.371.6909
Digital Creations, Inc.  F: 703.995.0412