[Zope] Zope log rotation

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Sat, 20 May 2000 00:37:44 +1000 (EST)

+----[ Dan L. Pierson ]---------------------------------------------
| Chien-pin Wang writes:
|  > Dear All:
|  >
|  >     Quick question about Zope admin.
|  >     Can zope automatically rotate its access log? Thanks.
|
| I use logrotate on Linux for this.  Unfortunately I have to use the
| before and after config options to stop zserver before and restart it
| after -- otherwise zserver just keeps appending to the old log.

FreeBSD has the newsyslog utility, which allows you to send a signal
when rotating the log. You can rotate on time or size, and it takes
a pid file so it knows what pid to rotate.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |