[Zope] ZPygreSQLDA Help

Kenny Smit soulstompp@hotmail.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 17:05:44 GMT

I am running zope 2.1.6 and Postgres 6.5.3 on Free BSD 4 and attempting to
get these to two working together with little luck. After a couple of
changes to the make file I was able to create the _pgmodule.so file. I moved
this file up one directory as the directions instructed. However even after
doing all of this it is still showing in control panel as a broken product.
I am running this on a Free BSD 4 machine. I currently have this product
working fine on our linux box. Thinking that the problem may be with owner
ship I have made sure that it is owned by nobody and group ownership is soul
(my personal username). It seems that the .so file is correct as I can
import _pg in python without a problem. I am not sure how helpful the
message below will be to you but I included it in hopes it may make more
sense to you :).

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/zope/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 387, in
import_products
    product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
  File "/usr/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPyGreSQLDA/__init__.py", line 89, in
?
    import sys, os, Globals, DA
  File "/usr/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPyGreSQLDA/DA.py", line 91, in ?
    from db import DB
  File "/usr/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPyGreSQLDA/db.py", line 89, in ?
    import _pg, regex, sys, types
ImportError: /usr/zope/lib/python/Products/ZPyGreSQLDA/_pgmodule.so: ELF
file ABI version invalid.

I would like to thank you in advance for your help.

Thank you,

Kenny