[Zope] Win98 and WEBDAV - you ought to see it if you can

Paul Browning paul.browning@bris.ac.uk
Mon, 22 May 2000 06:41:00 +0100

Apologies if this is old news to many. If like me you'd
played with Web Folders under NT against a Zope server and been
encouraged but realised than the implementation (at the
Microsoft end) still had a little way to go .....

.... if you have access to a Win98 machine point it at
a Zope server of your choice. I was setting up (why do
I feel the need to explain ...) a PC at home for my kids
over the weekend. Win98 was bundled with it. I spotted
the Web Folders icon on the desktop so I thought I'd
give a whirl.

It's impressive. Complete integration with the desktop
and unlike the NT implementation you can create and
rename folders (I was having to resort to ftp to
do this), and no stuttering during file transfers. Couldn't
fault it (though I expect various Linux desktops have been
in this state for some time).

Question: If WEBDAV works so well under Win98 does it
also work just as well under Win2K? Perhaps someone
who will admit to using Win2K can confirm this? It might
even motivate me to upgrade from NT .....

Regards.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bris.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/