[Zope] Deleting folder-like objects.

John Morton jwm@plain.co.nz
Mon, 22 May 2000 19:32:42 +1200 (NZST)

After a few experiments, I've observed a couple of things about deleting
folder-like objects:

1) You can delete them with the same practiced easy as any other object,
along with everything in it. No 'Are you sure you want to shoot yourself
in the foot' dialogs, or anything. (How hard to implement with
manage_beforeDelete?)

2) Deleting a folder effectively removes everything under it (well, you
can't navigate to them, AFAIK), but it doesn't invoke the
manage_beforeDelete methods of it's decendants. Any reason for this, or
should I proceed straight to the bug collector?

John.