[Zope] 2.1.4 to 2.1.6 nightmare

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Wed, 24 May 2000 18:02:48 -0400

> > Finally it works. Thanks.
> >
> > Do you know why DigitalCreations haven't release a patch?
>
> Dunno :S
>
> > I guess i'm not the first one getting mad with 2.1.6.
>
> Had us fooled for about a week :(
>
> I think it's all fixed in 2.2 anyway, which may be why no patch was
> released...

That's basically right - it boils down to that releasing a
patch for every bug/feature just doesn't scale. We have made
some internal adjustments to allow our release schedule to be
much more flexible and frequent than it was, which should
address this.

Of course, if having every latest bug fix is of burning importance
to you, you can run from the public CVS - though you are also, of
course, going to get every latest bug as well :^)

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909