[Zope] Re: problems with NTUserFolder.

Jephte CLAIN minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr
Thu, 25 May 2000 14:13:33 +0400

"Jay, Dylan" a écrit :

> I can't seem to get your product to work the way I want. I'll tell you what
> I'm after and perhaps you can tell me where I'm going wrong or if indeed
> your product can do it at all.
>
> I have a group of users who are all part of the same domain as I am on. Its
> the department domain. I want to have these people recognized by my website
> seemlessly. I know this can be done with NT challenge response if you are
> using ie as your client. I want to do this in zope such that users who enter
> the site are automatically authenticated and appriate permissions for them
> set. These would be zope permission set inside zope, nothing to do with NT
> permissions.
>
> How do I do this?
Well, I wrote jcNTUserFolder to do exactly this :-)

you may have a look at
http://www.zope.org/Members/jephte/HOWTO/IIS_and_Zope_in_REMOTE_USER_mode

a few comments:
- you have to install the jcNTUserFolder *before* you put Zope in REMOTE
user mode.
- zope in its current form can't handle REMOTE user authentication mode
together with standard authentication mode. When you install Zope as as
pcgi process to get through IIS, it is the *only* way to be
authenticated and get, for example, to the management screens. When you
install jcNTUserFolder as the root user folder, you have to choose the
NT user that will be mapped to the super user. The first time, you have
to log with that user. Note that this 'super user' needn't be a
privileged one under NT.

regards,
jephte clain
minf7@educ.univ-reunion.fr