[Zope] ANN: Perl For Zope

J. Atwood jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 06:26:46 -0400

Gang (and Paul),

I guess my major concern (and mosts) would be that one of the reasons
we like Python/Zope/OO is that it is not Perl and does not have all
that quirky structure and if you introduce Perl into Zope it would be
like throwing a pair of red socks in your white wash, we all go pink.

After some thought last night (no sleep loss) I could see it working
in the way of a product or a Perl Method and not disturbing the DTML
code (please don't do this).

The end result though is that if we can get the Perl community to
start using/developing on Zope it is a big win. My inner secret hope
is that once all the Perl Jocks see some nice Python/DTML code they
will never want to go back. :)

Again, congrats DC... this boat is big enough for everyone. Lets talk TCL!