[Zope] AUTHENTICATED_USER.getUserName() not always truthful in ZWiki

Geoff Gardiner ggardiner@synomics.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 17:22:00 +0100

I am using ZWiki and have modified a footer to show the current
AUTHENTICATED_USER. It lies - occasionally but consistently.

I am logged in as TestUser, and have a page footer that shows me as
TestUser. I create a new ZWiki page by editing the current page and adding
NewPage, then navigating to the new NewPage. This now shows me as Anonymous
User.

When I press the edit button I am still Anonymous User. When I save I am
still Anonymous User.

When I press the edit button it shows me as TestUser again.  When I save I
am back to Anonymous User.

How can I be both TestUser and Anonymous User in the same session? Something
to do with namespaces, no doubt, but what's going on?

Anyone, please?

Geoff Gardiner