[Zope] Zope Email (syndication)

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 12:40:53 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>
To: "Webmaster" <webmaster@ohiohistory.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 11:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] syndication??

> http://www.zope.org/Members/chrisw/ZopeEmail/FrontPage

I hadn't seen this one before. Since Zope is getting a Membership component,
I think we'll need a good, solid way to send great big bunches of email to
Members. I'm not sure if you've thought about this aspect or not. I believe
it is a different function with different requirements then what you have in
providing people with email.

I think it may also be nice to provide the ability to delegate the mail
sending from a different machine than the Zope web server... Whatever the
mail sending architecture is, it needs to be able to send messages to
hundreds of thousands of users without bogging down people coming to the
site. That's a tall order...

Kevin