[Zope] ANN: Perl For Zope

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 11:19:22 -0700

"J. Atwood" wrote:

> The real question is: Can we get all those Perl people to help with
> our documentation? :)

I hope so.

> I, for one, will welcome my Perl brothers  (actually sent the ANN
> post to two of them five seconds after reading it) and hope that
> together we can bring Zope to everyone.

This is the right attitude.  We don't want these folks coming in here
with their years of experience and thousands of lines of code and snub
them.  We don't want flame wars.  We don't want people asking questions
and getting answers like "oh, well why the hell are you using Perl
anyway?".

I for one don't know perl, can't read it, never used it and probably
won't unless I'm paid to; and if someone asks me a question about their
snip of perl code I won't be able to help them.

But if someone asks me about a peice of well documented Zope interface,
it shouldn't matter which language they speak, they should get a clear
answer.  This is more important than the syntax anyday.

--

-Michel Pelletier

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/MyWiki

Visit WikiCentral for the latest Zen: