[Zope] Properties

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Thu, 25 May 2000 21:42:50 +0200

>Is there any way to manipualte properties outside of the Zope
>management area?

Yes, you can do it using the manage_addProperty method from dtml (or from
Python/External Methods). In the same vein you can change them
programmatically.

>I have a lot of properties I need to add to a certain document
>and it's really time consuming to enter then one by one.
>
>Also, Is there any way to arrange the order of properties?
>
>For instance, I've added a bunch called story 1a through
>story1z, and story1r is misspelled as "stry1r". Currently, it
>seems to keep them in order I have to delete all the properties
>after the 1r property and enter them all again.

Keep them in order in what way? In the propertysheet? Then that's the only
way. If you make your own form to edit the properties you might either call
them directly, one by one, or gather them in a list, sort it, and then
display them.

Hope this makes sense

Rik