[Zope] Re: The agony of the ZOPE Documentation

Patrick J.M. Keane keane@danet.com
Fri, 26 May 2000 05:32:51 -0400

Marco Mariani wrote:

> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 09:50:08PM -0600, mindlace wrote:
>
> > I will admit that I am not exactly up to speed on who's doing what with
> > ZDP, nor am I trying to impose a vision.
> >
> > So what do you folks think?
>
> I think the HOWTOs/tips are a bit redundant and some should be collapsed,
> expecially the shorter ones.
> It could not take much time.

My personal opinion is that lack of documentation is the biggest barrier to
someone new to Zope.  You really do have to be somewhat agressive to find
what you're trying to find (usenet+howto's+mailinglist searchs+altavista,
etc).

A comprehensive and complete (with examples) manual of DTML would be
heavenly.

Patrick