[Zope] Perl Zope

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Sat, 27 May 2000 15:34:46 -0400

Adam wrote:
> What makes me most uncomfortable about this is the opportunity
> cost.  Every hour of development time integrating Perl is one
> less hour

As I tried to mention in my "Redux" post a few moments ago, this isn't
the case.  ActiveState is doing the engineering.

> working on other parts.  I can say without any reservation
> that the lack
> of documentation has done ten times as much as lack of Perl support to
> make my time with Zope difficult.

You're absolutely right on this.  Amos' post recently described the
various things in various stages of release that should give some hope
for the situation.  These things really are an improvement.  I'm
crossing my fingers that this turns into a torrent of material that
turns an area that is a nightmare into an area of great pride.

At least that's the hope. :^)

--Paul