[Zope] PROPOSAL: Online chat with Jim and Paul

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Sat, 27 May 2000 15:34:44 -0400

Howdy folks.  It's clear that we were unclear in communicating the Perl
For Zope announcement.  What this needs is a little...clarity!

I propose an IRC chat on Wednesday with Jim Fulton and me.  The topic
will be "What Are Methods and How Does Perl Fit In?"  I'll announce time
and location later, when someone coaches me on just how you do these
damn things on IRC. :^)

Why are we doing this?  First, I think it's crucial that we at Digital
Creations work harder to engage the community in the thinking of Zope.
(In fact, this is the number one goal of Brian Lloyd, Zope Product
Manager).  And the great debate over the announcement makes this a
perfect time.

Second, I'm hoping that this can become a regular event.  The Mozilla
crowd has done this, with good success I believe.  I'm trying to follow
their pattern (one hour, logs posted afterwards).

Thoughts?

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909