[Zope] Re: [Zope-Annce] ANN: Perl For Zope

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Mon, 29 May 2000 10:07:46 -0400

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> The addition of the Perl stuff will be bad if the Zope source will be
> hacked up in various places in order to support this. I can be _good_ if
> this means a focus on providing clean interfaces first, and a more
> componentized architecture. I.e. there's a focus on integration with
> *any* external language through some generalized API. Not just Perl
> specific changes.

Believe me, the Zope sources are being hacked up more for DOM/XSLT than
for Perl! :^)

Seriously, there aren't any changes to Zope being proposed for Perl
Methods.  Actually, the only changes are positive ones -- a
"Methodgeddon", meaning a Method Armageddon.

The work on XSLT Methods and Perl Methods has exposed a need for a
coherent model between all the methods, particularly how things are
bound.  Thus, the white hot spotlight of bringing in more kinds of
methods have made us look at the cruft and inconsistencies.

--Paul