[Zope] Ability to access Perl modules from Zope is good

Andrew Wilcox circle@gwi.net
Mon, 29 May 2000 12:22:24 -0400

> "The Perl for Zope project brings the worlds of the two most
> important open source programming languages together," stated
> Gisle Aas, Senior Developer, ActiveState. "Python programmers
> will be able to directly take advantage of the large collection
> of reusable Perl program modules, like DBI, found on CPAN.

This is good.  Another trick in the tool bag.

Being able to make use of Perl modules from Python is like the
functionality provided by database adapters: Zope lets me access crufty
old-fashioned relational databases if I need to.