[Zope] A new python object which analyse HTML files and...

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar@maxnm.com
Mon, 29 May 2000 19:59:00 +0300

Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> > I would like to create a python object which :
> > * analyse traditional HTML files
> > * indexe "IMG" tags and "A" tags
> > * replace "IMG" tags by appropriated dtml tags
> > * replace "A" tags by appropriated dtml tags
> > * create all the resultant objects

>    You may start to adapt http://www.zope.org/Members/itamar/load_site to
> your needs. Generic HTML parser is already there.

The latest version (1.4.0) stops parsing the HTML after the <body> tags
because illegal HTML (e.g. because of embedded DTML tags) would cause
problems.  You could turn it back on though if we assume there's no DTML.

And if you do decide to do it add converting file.htm to file_html to your
list - it was one of the feature requests I don't have time to do and would
seem to fit in your list.

--
Itamar S.T.  itamar@maxnm.com