[Zope] defining counters in zope(newbie)

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 29 May 2000 23:31:28 -0400

Sudhir,

Hi...

It's natural to want to do this in DTML... but probably not the best
idea.  I know it's a lot to chew to have to use Python to do stuff like
this (you don't), but it would make your life probably a lot easier to
do this in an external method or a Python method.

That said (untested),

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('count', 1)">

<dtml-in AuthorList>
   <dtml-let author="_['sequence-item']">
    <dtml-in "BookList(author)">
      <dtml-if sequence-start>
        <dtml-var count>  <dtml-var sequence-item> <dtml-var author>
      <dtml-else>
        <dtml-var count>  <dtml-var sequence-item>
      </dtml-if>
      <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('count', count + 1)">
    </dtml-in>
   </dtml-let>
</dtml-in>

I feel dirty now.