[Zope] Q: Using WebDav to edit Zope DTML Methods. SOLVED!

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Tue, 30 May 2000 20:54:52 +0200

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 02:30:47PM -0400, Graham Heyes wrote:
> Thanks to the info from Martijn Pieters this turned out to be trivial.  The
> unrendered source for a DTML method is reached by appending /document_src to
> the end of the URL. For example, http://localhost:8080/mystuff becomes
> http://localhost:8080/mystuff/document_src .  In the context of DAVExplorer
> the solution is to modify the GET so that the /document_src is appended
> correctly. Not that this can't be done too early since the URL is used for
> other internal book keeping. I found that the folowing modification
> works....

[SNIP changes to a Java WebDAV client]

Note that your changes only work for objects that support the document_src
methods. It may be that now or in the future other objects require you to use
a different method to retirve the unrendered source.

I'd still be better if you could find out if there are WebDAV properties about
the resource accessible in that piece of code, check for the source link, and
if present, use that instead of the original URL. Such a change can then be
used on other WebDAV servers prividing the source link as well, and can be
included in the original client sources.

--
Martijn Pieters