[Zope] file import

Rick Pasotto rick@tolive.vnet.net
Tue, 30 May 2000 16:21:00 -0400

Newbie question: what exactly does file importing do?

I created a new directory then a new standard_html_header. I then
imported a template file from a static web site, deleted the footer
lines, and saved. Then I created a new standard_html_footer file and
tried to import the same template file. It's still trying to connect to
the zope server!

Did the first import create some kind of lock?

Second (unrelated) question: When I create and then select a new version
I get a screen that says the version is not active and to press the
button to activate it. Pressing the button returns me to the same
screen saying that no version is active. What have I missed in using
versions?

--
It will be of little avail to the people that laws are made by men of
their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be