[Zope] Why it doesn't work?

Martin Kuhn zope@klick-o-matic.de
Wed, 31 May 2000 12:56:03 +0200

> i can't understand why this simple method is not working:
>
> <dtml-var standard_html_header>
> ID of this page:<dtml-var id><BR>
>   <dtml-with QUERY_STRING>
>    New ID is:<dtml-var id><br>
>   </dtml-with>
> <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
>
> If i call this page with a query string "?variable"
> i expect to see the id of the object called... but
> it's not working!

It works very well if you change your dtml-with-line into

   <dtml-with "_[QUERY_STRING]">
or
   <dtml-with "_.getitem(QUERY_STRING)">

(I don't know the difference between both statements.)

That means something like "give me the object with the
name i've put into the variable QUERY_STRING". You can
also use a shorter version which combines everything in
one single python expression:

   <dtml-var "_.getitem(QUERY_STRING).id">

But be careful. There will be an error message if the
QUERY_STRING is empty.

martin.