[Zope] Zope DB pack error

Norman Khine khine@btinternet.com
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 05:19:53 -0000

Perhaps you could use a command line script to pack your db....as:

#simple script to pack your database from the command line.  put in crontab
#no error checking done.

import os
myzope="/your/zope/dir"
os.chdir(myzope+"/lib/python")
myday = 0

try:
        import Zope
        app = Zope.app()
        #a lot more interesting stuff can be done here. e.g
        #for i in app.objectItems():
        #    print i.id()
        #
        app.Control_Panel.Database.manage_pack(days=myday)
        get_transaction().commit()
        app._p_jar.close()
except:
        #do interesting stuff here, mail , sms, etc
        print "cant pack"

Or maybe change your clocktime to a future time and see if you can pack it
then?

regards

Norman