[Zope] Re:GoLive

Jeff Hoffman jeff.hoffman@goingv.com
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 11:01:38 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, tom smith wrote:

> I think there's a trick where dtml files can be saved as index.html, and
> then you create a method that redirects index_html or /whatever/wherever/ to
> index.html in the same folder, but I'm not sure how to do that.  Someone has
> shown how to do it on this list. Try searching here...
> http://www.egroups.com/messages/zope

Make a DTML Method called index_html in Zope's root folder containing:

  <dtml-var index.html>

Whenever Zope looks for index_html and can't find it, it will search the
acquisition path, acquire your root index_html, which will then include
your index.html. Magic. ;-)

> tom

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                               704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                      mailto:jeff.hoffman@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                         http://www.goingv.com/