[Zope] Zope Book Beta

Fred Yankowski fred@ontosys.com
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 11:13:55 -0600

I agree completely that the Zope Book beta will get more reviewers,
and better feedback to the authors, if it is available as PDF.  The
authors of the "Planning Extreme Programming" book made their draft
available as a PDF well in advance of publication and got lots of
thoughtful feedback as a result (based on what I saw on the XP email
list).  Here's a blurb in the "To Reviewers" section at the very
beginning:

	Feel free to pass on this draft to anyone who might read it and
	comment.  We aren't terribly worried that you will use the
	text in its current form and not buy the book when it comes
	out.  If you do, the mistakes we have deliberately seeded
	herein will come back to haunt you.  Better all around if you
	just buy the book when it comes out, hey?

I printed the draft and now plan to buy the book, now that it's
finally out.  (I just hope that the book is printed on better paper
than the "Extreme Programming Explained" book.  Addison-Wesley sure
cuts costs on their book paper -- I presume they pass that savings on
to us.)

--
Fred Yankowski           fred@OntoSys.com      tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant     www.OntoSys.com       fax: +1.630.879.1370