[Zope] Products : dependencies (or who's on first?)

Aaron Straup Cope asc@vineyard.net
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:33:07 -0500 (EST)

Okay, here goes :

I installed the PTK product some time ago, decided that it wasn't where I
needed to be right now and moved on to something else.

Today I finally decided to delete it from my Products folder. Shortly
afterwards, I noticed that both my existing FlexFAQ and ZDiscussion
objects were "broken" (with the little broken icons in the manager
view.) and Zope was spewing errors to STDOUT complaining that it "Could
not load oid" (I'm sorry, I don't have the traceback...doh!)

I could add new FF/ZD objects but I couldn't access the old ones.

I deleted ZDbase and ZDiscussion and restarted Zope. I couldn't import a
fresh copy of ZDiscussions.zexp (see error below) but suddenly my old set
up is working again. Except I can't create new ZD* objects since the
Product isn't installed. ( I can create new FF objects.)

In the meantime, when I restart Zope it prints errors about not being able
to install the "Wizard" product or the "Demo Portal" Products (see
below.) In the meantime, the "PTKDemo" and "PTKBase" Products keep showing
up the Products table even though I keep trying to delete them.

Can someone please help me understand what on earth is going on? Is the
ZODB corrupted? Have I inadvertently set up some level of dependency
across Products? I have done Google searches and seen that this has
cropped up on the mailing list before, but I can't seem to figure out how
to address the problem or insure that doesn't happen again.

I am still pretty new to all of this and I am having a hard time
understanding the relationship between alot of seemingly abritrary
errors. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks....eep!

a) Starting Zope

2000-11-01T20:01:04 ERROR(200) Zope Couldn't install Wizard
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/OFS/Application.py, line 477, in
install_products
    (Object: ApplicationDefaultPermissions)
    (Info: Wizard)
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/App/Product.py, line 447, in
initializeProduct
    (Object: Products.Wizard)
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 264, in
_setObject
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 272, in
manage_afterAdd
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/ZClasses/ZClass.py, line 421, in
manage_afterAdd
    (Object: Wizard)
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/ZClasses/ZClass.py, line 375, in
_register
    (Object: Wizard)
Duplicate Class Ids

b) Importing ZDiscussions.zexp

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 222, in
publish_module
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187, in
publish
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 171, in
publish
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in
mapply
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 112, in
call_object
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 509, in
manage_importObject
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 264, in
_setObject
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line 272, in
manage_afterAdd
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/ZClasses/ZClass.py, line 421, in
manage_afterAdd
    (Object: ZDTopic)
  File /usr/local/zope.old/lib/python/ZClasses/ZClass.py, line 375, in
_register
    (Object: ZDTopic)
Duplicate Class Ids: (see above)