[Zope] Help! Zope Crash

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Thu, 02 Nov 2000 00:12:16 -0500

Edward Muller wrote:

> I am running a Zwiki site at http://www.handhelds.org:8080/wiki. This site has
> become invaluable to our growing handhelds.org community as a place to collect
> information. But, sadly our zope server keeps dying....No idea why....
>
> Sometimes the zope server can be up for a few days, sometimes only a few
> hours. I am not sure what is causing this or how to go about tracking it
> down. Is there anything I can do?

make sure you start zope with the STUPID_LOG_FILE environment variable
set. Then, when your zope dies, look at the tail end of the log file.
It should have a line that has an "Aiieee ! 12312 exited with error
code: xx".

The error code is what you should be looking at- it will tell you what
your OS reports the problem as being.  error 11 on linux is segfault,
which *may* be hardware related.

hope this helps,
--
-mindlace-