[Zope] incorporating generated sub-websites within a Zope site

Cees de Groot cg@cdegroot.com
2 Nov 2000 08:26:26 +0100

Fred Yankowski <fred@ontosys.com> said:
>OK, this problem is largely the result of the crappy web-design tool
>she's using, but I really have no control over that.  The subsite
>manage/author doesn't know HTML and would be completely helpless with
>Zope's "through the web" editing interface.

You could of course convert the structure of the site in DTML documents
that include the contents from Structured Text documents. Anyone can learn
STX, so she could edit the contents through the Zope interface.

Also a possibility, although I'm way out of my league here (I'm not a
Windows user): WebDAV under '98. If you can explore the documents with
the '98 explorer, you should be able to edit them with any tool, not?

(I believe that anyone can learn HTML as well, given someone with
reasonable didactic skills and an hour or two of time).

--
Cees de Groot               http://www.cdegroot.com     <cg@cdegroot.com>
Forge your CipherSaber and list it: http://www.xs4all.nl/~cg/ciphersaber/