[Zope] CMS/publishing system

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl@cygnusinteractive.com
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:25:29 -0600

>> How well does Zope integrate applications/cgi's written in ASP, Cold
Fusion,
>> Perl, etc...? As we've got a number of things we'd prefer to keep as is,
and
>> run alongside Zope.
>
>Nope. You should take the chance to reimplement them. You get better
>performance and much cleaner solutions (better to maintain and more
>secure) then any of the mentioned solutions allow. Many things are
>better done completely different in zope.

argh... That's not a good answer. Is it possible? I'm thinking that with
Apache and mod_rewrite it would be doable (using file extensions to map the
request), but I'm not sure how that might work under IIS or within Zope...
There are some systems in place that are either, large/legacy/developed by
others/etc that we can't simply reimplement in Zope... Plus, I'd consider it
a big plus for Zope if I could run apps written in other
languages/environments without too much of a hassle.

Pete