[Zope] catalog DTML Document

Wolfgang Strobl ws@mystrobl.de
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 22:58:30 +0100

On 6 Nov 2000, at 21:46, Dieter Maurer wrote:

> Wolfgang Strobl writes:

>  > "Finding"a bunch of DTML Documents into a Zcatalog is easy.
>  > But how to do that programmatically? I haven't even found a way
>  > of doing that for a single DMTL Document.
> You call the catalog with your search terms as keyword paramters:
>
>     <dtml-in "catalog(principia_search_source='cool and new')">
>     </dtml-in>
>
> Have a look at the two ZCatalog tutorials on zope.org.

Who said anything about searching? :-)

A ZCatalogs management interface contains a function
"Find Items to ZCatalog". This function performs a recursive
search and adds all objects matching the specified criteria to the
Catalog. This works quite well with DMTL Documents, as long as
one does it via the management interface.

I asked about how to perform this function (to spell it out again:
_adding_ a _DTML Document_) programmatically, i.e. via DTML,
of from Python code.

There is a How-To "Adding ZClass Instances Programmatically",
and a lot of gobbledigoop about when, how and why. But I haven't
found anything about how to "index" or "reindex" a plain and
simple DTML Document.

--
Wolfgang Strobl